Headaches Pain Relief SpecialistMore than 45 million Americans suffer from chronic or recurring headaches, including migraines. Those who live in the greater Denver, Colorado area, can benefit from all-natural, drug-free relief provided by Dr. Scott Evans at the top-rated VIDA Chiropractic Studio.
Migraine and Tension Headache Pain Relief with Your Denver Chiropractor
Popping a painkiller for a headache or migraine is like putting a sticky note over the “check engine” light in your car— the head pain temporarily subsides, but the underlying problems remain. Safe, lasting pain relief from migraines and headaches requires accurate treatment of the root causes. Schedule an appointment now with our Denver chiropractor for relief.
Why Do I have Headaches and Migraines?
Chiropractor Dr. Evans diagnoses the underlying causes of head pain and provides effective, drug-free chiropractic treatment for long-term relief. Some of the most common causes of headache and migraine pain include:
- Incorrect posture—Spend hours slouched over your mobile device or computer desk? This gradually pulls the neck’s soft tissues and vertebrae out of place, impinging nerves and increasing headaches and migraines.
- Injury—A concussion or whiplash from slipping and falling, or a car accident injury, strains the neck’s soft tissues and grates nerves, increasing headache and migraine attacks. Chiropractic care resolves whiplash injury for lasting pain relief.
- Stress—This silent, major health hazard often leads to increased neck, shoulder and head pain.
- Sleep, nutrition and environmental factors—Stay on a regular sleep schedule, eat a healthy diet (on a regular schedule), stay hydrated and pay attention to any other environmental stressors (lights, foods, chemicals, smells, etc.) that may trigger an attack.
Your chiropractor helps you uncover your triggers and examines you for spinal misalignments that may aggravate your headaches.
How does Chiropractic Care Provide Head Pain Relief Treatment?
Precise, skillful chiropractic care can resolve nerve-pinching subluxations to provide both head pain relief and help improve your overall wellness. Correcting your posture also relieves strained soft tissues, leading to fewer headaches, migraines and less stress.
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Evans trains patients on good ergonomics and posture so they can avoid recurring headaches and migraines. He also coaches you on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle and overall wellness issues so you can prevent future head pain.
Chiropractic care and treatment involves improving the mechanics of your nervous system health, so you can enjoy lasting relief and better overall health to fuel an active, enjoyable lifestyle.
Talk with the Chiropractor Denver Trusts for Migraine and Headache Pain Relief
Schedule an appointment with Denver chiropractor Dr. Evans today to get an accurate diagnosis and effective migraine and headache pain relief and boost your overall wellness at the same time: (303) 433-5433.
Headache Pain Q&A
What causes headaches and migraines?
Headaches are the leading cause of both missed days from work and school, according to the National Headache Foundation. They are most common among women, who account for 70% of all headache sufferers. Some 20% of children and adolescents are also afflicted with significant headache disorders. Headaches are the result of chemical activity in the brain, nerves, blood vessels that surround the skull, or muscles of the head and neck. Such chemical activity can be triggered by a wide array of causes from stress to poor posture.
What are the different types of headaches?
Headaches are classified by their symptoms. The most common types are:
- Tension headaches, characterized by a bilateral pressing or tightening pain.
- Migraine headaches, which cause an intense unilateral throbbing and can be accompanied by nausea and sometimes ocular disturbances, called aura. In addition, migraines they can last from several hours to several days, or longer.
- Cluster headaches, named as such because they occur in a cycle or “cluster,” can last from weeks up to a couple of months. Cluster headache pain typically impacts just one side of the head.
How does Dr. Evans address headache pain?
Dr. Evans begins with a complete examination to diagnose the source of each patient’s headache pain. If it’s the result of any type of misalignment in the cervical spine, as is often the case, he will make appropriate spinal adjustments to address the underlying cause. Most often these adjustments are based on his detailed examination of the patient’s x-rays. In addition, Dr. Evans may offer home exercises or ergonomic recommendations to prevent future headaches.
What is the benefit of addressing headache pain with chiropractic techniques?
Chiropractic techniques are proven to be highly effective in relieving headache pain and preventing them from returning. This is because, unlike medications, chiropractic approaches address the underlying cause of pain, rather than simply and temporarily covering up symptoms.