Knee Pain Relief SpecialistKnee pain is among the most common reasons patients visit VIDA Chiropractic Studio, in Denver, Colorado. Here, Dr. Scott Evans, a leading chiropractor with extensive education and experience, provides expert, all-natural means to alleviate knee pain.
Denver Chiropractor’s Knee Pain and Injury Relief Treatment
The knee is your largest joint; amazingly strong, yet particularly susceptible to injury because of the stress it handles every day. This complex joint consisting of bones, ligaments, muscles and tendons was designed to support you while running, walking, getting up and down, lifting objects, etc. So, the forces it manages are intense. If you struggle with knee pain, Denver chiropractor Dr. Scott Evans is uniquely qualified to provide the chiropractic care that will provide pain relief and restore your active, wellness lifestyle.
Common Knee Pain Conditions
Finding the right knee pain treatment depends on understanding the root causes of your knee injury. Knee injuries generally fall into two major categories:
Long-Term Stress and Misalignment
The following knee pain conditions usually build up over weeks and years of stress and poor ergonomics:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
Sudden Traumatic Injury
Many of these knee injuries occur in sudden trips and falls, sports accidents or car accidents:
- Sprains and strains
- Meniscus injuries
- Ligament injuries (ACL or PCL)
Regardless of how long you’ve suffered knee pain, or how it happened, discuss your history and let our chiropractor examine you, so we can develop an effective knee pain treatment and wellness plan for you!
Chiropractic Care Can Resolve Knee Injury and Pain
Chiropractic care provides excellent knee pain and injury treatment, and you should explore this option before considering surgery. Our chiropractor is often able to resolve knee pain and injury through non-invasive care, leading to quicker recovery and less reliance on painkillers.
Dr. Evans is uniquely trained in a combination of spinal adjustments and also extremity adjustments that particularly resolve knee pain and injury situations. Many knee conditions and injuries can be caused by, or exacerbated by poor ergonomics and improper alignment. By restoring correct spinal and skeletal knee alignment, your knee can begin to heal. The nervous system will also be able to manage and resolve inflammation. After therapeutic chiropractic care and the other therapies and exercise training our Denver chiropractor provides, you can get back to living the life you enjoy.
See the Chiropractor Denver Trusts for Knee Pain Relief
Do not let knee pain keep you on the sidelines of life any longer. Schedule an appointment with Denver chiropractor Scott Evans today and begin your journey back to a pain-free knee and a great wellness lifestyle: (303) 433-5433.
Knee Pain Q&A
What are the most common causes of knee pain?
Comprised of four main components – bones, cartilage, ligaments, and tendons – the knee is the largest joint in the body. Any of its parts can become damaged and result in pain. Among the most frequent causes of knee pain are:
- Fractures around the knee. The bone most frequently broken around the knee is the patella. The ends of the femur and tibia where they meet to form the knee joint can also be fractured.
- Dislocation. This occurs when bones of the tibia and fibula move out of position.
- Knee bursitis. This is an inflammation of the bursae, which are the small sacs of fluid that cushion the outside of the knees.
- Patellar tendinitis. This is an irritation and/or inflammation of one or multiple tendons that attach the thigh muscles (quadriceps) to the shinbone. Patella tendinitis is common among runners, skiers and cyclists.
- Meniscus tears. The meniscus is a piece of cartilage that provides a cushion between your thighbone (femur) and shin bone (tibia). There are two menisci in each knee joint. Meniscus tears usually occur as a result of forcefully twisting or rotating the knee, especially when bearing a person’s full weight.
- Ligament and tendon tears. The most commonly torn ligament is the anterior cruciate ligaments (ACL).
- Arthritis. There are numerous types of arthritis. Those that most often affect the knee are: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and gout.
How does Dr. Evans address knee pain?
Specific adjusting techniques and special exercises are used to mobilized restricted areas and alleviate pain.
When should I seek chiropractic care for my knee pain?
Because the knee is a complex, weight-bearing joint, it is quite susceptible to injury. It is important to seek an evaluation from a credentialed chiropractor who is an expert in dealing extremity conditions if your knee:
- Is painful in or around the knee joint
- Can not bear weight
- Is swollen
- Can not be fully extended or flexed
- Feels unstable