Low Back Pain Relief SpecialistLow back pain is the number one cause of disability in the world, with chiropractic care recognized as one of the safest and most effective approaches to eliminating it. At VIDA Chiropractic Studio in Denver, Colorado, Dr. Scott Evans has extensive experience and success in helping patients eradicate back pain, by addressing the underlying cause with all-natural chiropractic techniques.
Low Back Pain Relief Treatment with Your Denver Chiropractor
Almost everyone will suffer low back pain at some point in life—in fact, every 6th person you see is probably suffering from lower back pain! And the reasons behind the suffering can be just as unique as each individual. If you struggle with low back pain from a car accident, sports injury, bad mattress, work injury, pregnancy lower back pain, etc. schedule an appointment with our Denver low back pain specialist, chiropractor Dr. Scott Evans at Vida Chiropractic Studio today: (303) 433-5433. His drug-free lower back pain treatment options bring lasting relief!
The Many Causes of Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain can have a host of causes. Occasionally, low back pain is a symptom of a serious medical issue like kidney stones, gastrointestinal problems and even cardiovascular problems. But usually, low back pain stems from three overall causes:
- Poor posture and ergonomics—Sitting in a bad chair at work, slouching while standing, lifting heavy objects the wrong way, sleeping on a bad mattress, etc. are all day-to-day problems that can slowly pull vertebrae out of alignment, pinch nerves, compress spinal discs and strain muscles, ligaments and joints, leading to low back pain.
- Injury—A car accident, a sports injury, work injury or any situation where your back is suddenly hurt can also cause excruciating lower back pain.
- Pregnancy lower back pain—The rapid structural and hormonal changes of pregnancy spell lower back pain for at least half of pregnant women, if not more!
Chiropractic Care Can Resolve Low Back Pain
In each of these cases, it’s critical to try drug-free lower back pain methods for lasting relief. Painkillers can only temporarily mask the pain, but chiropractic adjustment care can resolve the underlying issues and support optimal health simultaneously.
Your Denver chiropractor uses precise chiropractic adjustments to restore correct spinal alignment. Adjustments relieve pinched nerves and allow muscles, joints and ligaments to heal naturally. Correcting spinal alignment also takes pressure off of bulging or herniated discs to provide long-lasting relief.
See the Chiropractor Denver Trusts for Low Back Pain Relief
Chiropractor Dr. Scott Evans is a low back pain specialist in Denver who provides natural, precise chiropractic adjustment treatment to resolve the root causes of your lower back pain caused by poor posture, injury, and soft tissue sprains and strains. Schedule an appointment today for drug free lower back pain relief treatment: (303) 433-5433.
Low Back Pain Q&A
What causes back pain?
Back pain is among the most common issues that brings patients to VIDA Chiropractic Studio. That’s not surprising given that at any time 60% to 80% of American adults suffer from back pain, according to the National Institute of Health (NIH). The majority of back pain involves the lower, or lumbar, back. Pain can come on suddenly, the result of turning abruptly or trauma caused by an accident or while lifting something heavy. It can also develop gradually as part of the wear and tear that coincides with aging, or repetitive stress incurred on the job or by participating in certain sports, such as weight-lifting or gymnastics. Back pain can also be associated with arthritis and/or scoliosis.
What is Dr. Evans’ approach to alleviating back pain?
Dr. Evans first takes a detailed history and conducts a thorough physical exam, that will likely include x-rays, to diagnose the cause of the pain. Once he establishes that, Dr. Evans devises a personalized program that will include one or more of the following modalities:
- Specific spinal adjustments.
- At home exercise programs to improve flexibility and strengthen core and back muscles.
- Nutrition and diet counseling.
- A posture assessment and/or ergonomic recommendations.
What tips can Dr. Evans offer for preventing back pain?
Dr. Evans is a major advocate of preventive measures and offers the following tips for avoiding back pain.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Excessive weight puts extra stress on the back.
- Remain active.
- Properly warm up before exercising or participating in sports.
- Establish and maintain good posture, both while sitting and standing.
- Avoid, shoes that fit poorly, along with high heels.
- Sleep on a mattress with adequate support.
- Rely on leg muscles, not back muscles, when lifting heavy items.
- Make sure that your work space is ergonomic.
What is an x-ray motion study?
A motion x-ray is a valuable tool at VIDA Chiropractic Studio. It is a specialized x-ray system which uses technology to enable Dr. Evans to view a patient’s spine in motion. The procedure is conducted with the patient standing and moving in a weight bearing position, as x-rays are taken. Even more important is how an x-ray motion study allows the patient to easily and objectively identify exactly where their problems are with relation to their spine.