See Your Denver Chiropractor for Drug-Free Migraine Pain Relief Treatment
Most people can muscle through an occasional tension headache with some quiet and rest; but migraines, on the other hand, can completely hobble your plans for hours—sometimes days. Pharmaceutical treatment can help temporarily, but can't actually resolve the underlying causes of migraines—and often comes with undesirable side effects. Denver chiropractor Dr. Scott Evans has helped hundreds of patients get lasting, drug-free migraine pain relief. Schedule an appointment today at Vida Chiropractic Studio for migraine treatment and any other wellness concerns you have: (303) 433-5433.
Understanding Migraines with Your Denver Chiropractor
Your chiropractor can reduce the severity and frequency of migraines without drugs by applying a treatment that resolves the underlying causes of head pain. After a physical exam to detect structural imbalances in the spine—particularly in the neck—chiropractic adjustment can help correct one of the biggest issues behind migraines, and even recurring tension headaches. Eliminating this key, biomechanical migraine trigger, as well as other lifestyle triggers can provide significant, long-term relief:
- Trigeminal nerve interference—This nerve handles the feeling and function in your face and head. Long-term poor posture (even from childhood) or a neck injury like whiplash can cause misalignments of upper cervical (neck) vertebrae that can pinch the trigeminal nerve and other nerves. In fact, one of the key symptoms of whiplash injury is increased headaches and migraines.
- Lifestyle Imbalances—Nutritional imbalances, toxin exposure, dehydration, irregular sleep habits and stress can also trigger migraine attacks.
Chiropractic Care for Lasting Migraine Pain Relief
Chiropractic care has provided natural head pain relief for many migraine patients. Because migraines are essentially a neurological condition that stems from nervous system imbalance, Dr. Evans’ skillful upper cervical chiropractic adjustment techniques can correct the alignment problems that pinch nerves that irritate migraine attacks. In addition, our chiropractor helps you determine if other lifestyle triggers are contributing, and helps you create a plan to eliminate those triggers as well. Along with natural migraine pain relief, patients report fewer tension headaches and a boost in wellness—more consequences of regular chiropractic care to keep the entire spine and nervous system in proper alignment.
The Chiropractor Denver Goes to for Relief from Headaches and Migraines
Don’t let migraines stop you from living the life you want to live! Schedule an appointment with Denver chiropractor Dr. Scott Evans at Vida Chiropractic Studio for drug-free migraine relief treatment today and get back to wellness: (303) 433-5433.
Headache Pain Q&A
What causes headaches and migraines?
Headaches are the leading cause of both missed days from work and school, according to the National Headache Foundation. They are most common among women, who account for 70% of all headache sufferers. Some 20% of children and adolescents are also afflicted with significant headache disorders. Headaches are the result of chemical activity in the brain, nerves, blood vessels that surround the skull, or muscles of the head and neck. Such chemical activity can be triggered by a wide array of causes from stress to poor posture.
What are the different types of headaches?
Headaches are classified by their symptoms. The most common types are:
- Tension headaches, characterized by a bilateral pressing or tightening pain.
- Migraine headaches, which cause an intense unilateral throbbing and can be accompanied by nausea and sometimes ocular disturbances, called aura. In addition, migraines they can last from several hours to several days, or longer.
- Cluster headaches, named as such because they occur in a cycle or “cluster,” can last from weeks up to a couple of months. Cluster headache pain typically impacts just one side of the head.
How does Dr. Evans address headache pain?
Dr. Evans begins with a complete examination to diagnose the source of each patient’s headache pain. If it’s the result of any type of misalignment in the cervical spine, as is often the case, he will make appropriate spinal adjustments to address the underlying cause. Most often these adjustments are based on his detailed examination of the patient’s x-rays. In addition, Dr. Evans may offer home exercises or ergonomic recommendations to prevent future headaches.
What is the benefit of addressing headache pain with chiropractic techniques?
Chiropractic techniques are proven to be highly effective in relieving headache pain and preventing them from returning. This is because, unlike medications, chiropractic approaches address the underlying cause of pain, rather than simply and temporarily covering up symptoms.