Natural Tech Neck Pain Relief Treatment with Your Denver Chiropractor
Statistics say Americans spend nearly 4 hours daily on their mobile devices. It’s no wonder there’s been a sharp increase in neck pain, upper back pain, headaches, migraines and other symptoms linked to neck injury. Tech neck, or text neck, is a growing problem painkillers can’t fix. For natural, drug-free tech neck pain relief treatment, proper posture training and total recovery, schedule an appointment with your Denver chiropractor at Vida Chiropractic Studio today: (303) 433-5433
Proper Posture Prevents Tech Neck Injury
Tech neck is a slow-moving posture injury. As you hang your head down to text, read email, check Facebook, etc., gravity pulls your 10- to 12-pound head with this “excessive forward head posture” until it feels like about 60 pounds on your upper spine. Vertebrae shift out of place, discs get compressed and nerves get pinched. Muscles, ligaments and tendons are strained. The result?
- Neck pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Upper back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms and more
Fortunately, text neck/tech neck is preventable by simply using proper posture. Please train yourself and everyone in your family:
- Hold your device at eye-level. Rest your elbows on your chest, or a pillow if you're sitting.
- Take frequent breaks from your devices. Get up, walk around and stretch frequently.
- Use a stand that holds your device at eye level.
- Use a Bluetooth device to go hands-free
- Schedule regular chiropractic care to maintain proper posture and repair subluxations that cause pain.
Chiropractic Care for Text Neck Pain Relief and Recovery
If you have any of the symptoms above, chiropractic care can provide drug-free, natural pain relief and complete recovery from any tech neck/text neck symptoms. Denver chiropractor Dr. Scott Evans provides skillful, precise chiropractic care to restore proper cervical posture and will train you on stretches, exercises and daily posture habits to help you avoid future bouts of neck pain.
Visit the Chiropractor Denver Trusts for Drug Free Text Neck Pain Relief
If you live in the Denver area, our chiropractor can help you with any neck pain, stiffness, headaches and other symptoms of tech neck. We can help you use the right posture and ergonomics for any day-to-day situation, like using your mobile device wherever you are, so that you can avoid text neck pain and dysfunction. Schedule an appointment today for drug-free neck pain an injury relief treatment: (303) 433-5433.
Neck Pain Q&A
Why is neck pain so prevalent?
The neck, also called the cervical spine, is composed of 7 small vertebrae, intervertebral discs, joints, the spinal cord, 8 nerve roots, ligaments, veins, and 32 muscles. Together these elements must support the head (which weighs an average of 15 pounds), as well as, facilitate its 90-degree range of movement in nearly every direction. That’s a lot to ask of such a delicate structure. Between the neck’s weight-bearing duty and required flexibility, it’s extremely susceptible to pain and injury.
What are the most common causes of neck pain?
The most common causes of neck pain fall into one of these main categories:
- Trauma, among the most common types, is whiplash sustained in a rear-end car accident, but trauma can also include sports injuries and other types of accidents.
- Poor posture and ergonomics, which can range from chronic texting (dubbed “text neck”) to hunching over a computer all day at the office.
- Degenerative conditions, including such disorders as osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease.
How does Dr. Evans address neck pain?
The first step is a total examination to determine the underlying cause of the problem. From here, Dr. Evans devises a personalized plan that can include one or more of the following modalities:
- Specific spinal adjustments.
- Specially-designed at home exercises.
- Ergonomic recommendations.
- Postural assessment and recommendations.